Creating incentives for your employees doesn't have to be expensive. Here are 10 ideas that will cost you very little:
- Listen to them.
- Praise them in person for doing something great.
- Throw them a party.
- Have lunch with them.
- Congratulate an achievement of theirs in a company wide meeting or email.
- Give them a day off work.
- Get them a small gift that let's them know that you understand what they like.
- Learn more about them.
- Surprise them. Arrange for their home or car to be cleaned.
While these ideas are fun, it's a good deal of work to sustain these efforts across all your employees. One highly sustainable way to motivate and reward your employees is to implement a peer-to-peer employee recognition. A well-designed peer-to-peer employee recognition program can dramatically improve your employee engagement. Research by Bersin & Associates describes the 5 characteristics that make an effective employee recognition program.